In order to pay homage to all of those people who think weed should still be illegal, here is a quick history lesson on the use of weed and hemp in America.
1. Our past three presidents (Clinton, Bush and Obama), who will serve a total of 6 terms over 24 years have all admitted to smoking (with two admitting to inhaling!) pot.
2. It is rumored that the Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.
3. It is also rumored that the first American Flag was sewn with hemp rope.
4. Both Thomas Jefferson and George Washington dabbled in weed, and both even cultivated it.
5. Medicinal marijuana was first legalized by California almost 20 years ago, in 1996.
6. The first step to criminalizing marijuana wasn’t actually taken until 1937.
Pages: 1 2